Last night, Friday, Zak and I went to warm river. Although we got there a little later than we planned we were still able to fish for about an hour. Zak fished for a little bit and I took some pictures. It was a little dark and I didn't bring my tripod so some of them are a little blurry. After a while Zak convinced me to get in a try it. The water was freezing but it was really fun to have Zak teach me about something he loves. I felt like we were dating again the way he stood behind me all clever-like and helped me learn how to cast. It was a great night.
On our way to the fishing spot we saw this older man sitting outside a trailer (which Zak later told me was an old ambulance). Zak told me that he had seen that same man in that same spot everytime he was there fishing in the last 4 months. He was just listening to oldies and watching his fire. At first I thought, "Man, that would be the life!" but after a few moments of pondering the man's solitude I wondered what his life really was like. Did he or does he have a family? What does he hope for? What does he miss? Does he really like being here? I wonder if I would enjoy such a calm and peaceful life or if I would find myself aching for something to work for. I had to take a picture. It doesn't quite capture the mixed emotion it made me feel. What do you think about this type of life?


1 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun summer! What are your plans for the fall Sam? How are you guys doing?
Post a Comment